Its history begins soon after the foundation of the New Town of Prague Charles IV. in 1348. Over the centuries the New Town Hall has witnessed many historical events. In 1419 the first Prague defenestration took place here. In 1518, when the New Town Hall became the seat of the Six-Pole Office, there was a significant architectural modification of the building, it burnt in 1559 and its reconstruction lasted until 1561. Further repairs in 1905 revealed the valuable preserved remains of the original architecture, according to which they reconstructed Wiehl and Hilbert’s original look of the town hall.